Tuesday, April 1, 2014

God Can Turn Your Mess into a MASTERPIECE!



(This is a true account of something that happened in my life in 2009 and i decided to share it on here.) :)

On Saturday evening I decided to make some pull-apart cinnamon bread for breakfast on Sunday morning.  A neat new recipe, I thought.  It used frozen yeast rolls in a Bundt pan with cinnamon, brown sugar, butter, pecan, and butterscotch pudding.  Sounded yummy.  Anyway, you make it the night before and let it rise in a cold oven overnight, and then bake it in the morning.  I got it all ready late Saturday evening and stuck it in our cold oven. 

In the morning when I woke up and peeked in the oven, the rolls had risen so much they were everywhere and there was a big mess all over the oven!  I wish I had taken a picture of the oven, but I did take one of the pan once I got it out of the oven and set it on the counter.  What a disaster!  And, of course my five kids were all very disappointed when they saw it and I explained that the recipe was a flop; we weren’t going to have pull-apart cinnamon bread after all.  


A little while later I was getting ready to throw the dough away, and I just scooped the big mess into a pile in the pan, getting ready to carry it over to the sink to put down the garbage disposal.  As I was carrying it over, I looked at it and thought it looked pretty good.  So, I pushed the dough back into the pan and thought I may as well try baking it.  It looked like it may turn out OK after all. 

We were all surprised when I took it out of the oven and dumped it out of the pan.  It looked perfect, like it could be on the cover of a cooking magazine or something!  As I was standing in amazement at this “disaster” that I had almost thrown in the trash, I thought about God, and how He works in our lives.  The dough had looked worthless, and yet it wasn’t.  It had looked like a huge mistake, and yet it wasn’t.  It looked like it wouldn’t be any good at all, and yet it was beautiful and delicious.  And, I was reminded once again of how God can take the messes that we’ve made in our life, and turn them into a MASTERPIECE!  



So, if some things look like a real mess in your life right now, be encouraged!  Just think about that cinnamon pull-apart bread that I was getting ready to throw away, and put your trust in God and watch him make a masterpiece out of your mess!  “For my grace is sufficient for you; my power is made perfect in your weakness.”  2 Corinthians 12:9  

Love and Blessings to you all,
Nikki :)

No comments:

Post a Comment